Website Privacy Notice
Bailey & Jones Limited respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, and use personal information about you. This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect through our website at baileyandjones.co.uk (“Website”) and the personal information you provide to us when you use our services.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full so you are fully informed. If, you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
What does Bailey & Jones Limited do?
Bailey & Jones Limited is a building contractor based in the UK and specialises in providing construction and project management services. For more information about us, please see the “About Us” section of our Website.
What personal information does Bailey & Jones Limited collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information that you provide voluntarily
When you appoint us to carry out construction services on your behalf, we will collect from you: your name, your contact details (email address, telephone number, mobile phone number) and your billing information (sort code, account number and billing address). We will use this information to communicate with you about the project, for client management purposes and for billing purposes.
- Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Website, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors who come to our Website. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology, as explained further under the heading “Cookies and similar tracking technology” below
Information that we obtain from third party sources
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
The types of information we collect from third parties include your name, contact details including your address and your billing information. We use the information we receive from these third parties to provide building contracting services to you.
Who does Bailey & Jones Limited share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- to our third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, Procore) and to third parties who provide any construction services that we subcontract to them;
- to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person; or
- to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice.
- to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information
We collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights. This interest will be to operate our business and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services to you or (iii) where we have your consent to do so.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (including, the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to provide our services to you and comply with the contract that we have entered into with you.
Cookies and similar tracking technology
How does Bailey & Jones Limited keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
International data transfers
Your personal information will not be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in the UK.
We retain your personal information for as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service or to comply with legal, tax or accounting requirements).
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights which you can exercise by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
Updates to this Privacy Notice
We may update this Privacy Notice in response to changing legal or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details: email@example.com.
The data controller of your personal information is Bailey & Jones Limited.